Study Skills for Math Students
- Copy the problem, double check for accuracy
- Show your work ~ Stack the “steps” vertically
- Box your final answer or solution
- If the problem is odd, look up the correct answer in the back of the book. Leave a bookmark in the answer section for easy access.
- If your answer is incorrect ~
- Check your work
- Try to “work backwards” to figure out how the answer could have been found
- Look up an example that is like your problem
- Ask a parent/sibling/friend for help.
- Go to www.hotmath.com (login is uprep123)
- Bring your question to class and get help from your teacher
- If you do not understand an even problem, try working a similar odd problem and checking the answer.